Contract management training is particularly useful for those involved in contracting because they are required to keep track of all contracts and obligations. However, there are no specific requirements for the training courses, and some familiarity of contracting can be helpful.
Contract management trainees will learn about the basic structure of contracts, what duties the contractors and subcontractors are expected to carry out and the responsibilities and obligations of the business. The trainee will also be introduced to other topics, such as how to deal with issues that arise along the way, and how to make sure that all contracts have been completed properly. The contract manager will be responsible for ensuring that all contracts are performed according to contract specifications and that all obligations have been met.
Other courses include issues around management of financial resources, human resources, budgeting and scheduling, and marketing and customer service. Contract managers may also find that they need to take a course on legal issues that pertain to contracts, such as the importance of obtaining contracts from independent sources and the importance of obtaining legal consent before starting work on any project.
The coursework required by an individual contract manager will depend upon what type of contract he or she manages. It may start off with some basic classes in management of projects and then progress onto more specialized courses. For example, a contract manager who deals with product manufacturing might learn how to handle logistics and how to manage the supply chain. A project manager who deals with construction would learn to plan and design large projects and to keep track of the budget.
Some employers may require that candidates take a more generic contract management course, which covers the basics of contract administration. This will include topics like managing budgets and making arrangements for delivery dates, as well as the legal aspects of contracts and the responsibility of contract managers. This is usually offered as part of a more in depth contract management professional certification.
There are many opportunities for those interested in contract management. These include running their own contract management business, working in a consulting firm or as an administrator for large businesses. Some employers also employ contract managers on an on a temporary basis as contract officers, or they allow the employees to work for them on a contract basis as consultants or supervisors.
If you choose to work as a contract manager, you will probably need to complete the same basic training as any other contract manager. You will need to learn about contract administration and some basics about managing a project. However, the most basic coursework may not be enough to get you into a position where you are hired by a big company. Those who want to work as managers for larger corporations will most likely need a more extensive coursework in contract management.
To get started in a contract management position, you will need to pass an examination set by the American Society for Construction Management, or ASCM. Contract management is usually covered under the management of large projects. Candidates must pass the exam to qualify for employment in this field, and many firms offer on the job training to help applicants prepare for this test.
Many companies who offer contract management jobs also offer seminars on contract management. These are usually given by the company's senior management and are held yearly. They can be quite informative and can help you develop skills for management of your own company.
Once you have been through a contract management job, you can advance in the company if you have a skill that can be used for development. Many companies hire contract managers for their senior management positions. If you are an experienced employee you can become a project manager and train other employees on the business side of contracting.
Even though you are working as a contract manager, your first duty will be to train the employees who will be under you. to be more effective.
This brief scanned the following sources (title, domain, description):
- Contract & Commercial Management (CCM) Certification Program (iaccm.com) - The IACCM Contract & Commercial Management Certification program sets the global standard for best practices in Commercial Contracting and Contract Management.
- Contract Management — IPAA Victoria (vic.ipaa.org.au) - This comprehensive course offers a practical one-day introduction to the possibilities and pitfalls of contract management – from the critical early steps of preparation and implementation, through performance management, to the all-important science of keeping suppliers onside.
- Contract Management Training Australia - CMT (contractmanagementtraining.com.au) - Contract Management Training is your specialist supplier of short courses in contract management & administration for the construction industry.
- Contract Management & Administration Fundamentals Informa Australia (informa.com.au) -
- Contract Management (aim.com.au) - Visit the Australian Institute of Management (AIM) to find out about our Contract Management short course. Book online today!
- training.gov.au (training.gov.au) - training.gov.au is the national register for training in Australia
- Institute of Management - Procurement And Contract Management (im.edu.au) -
- Procurement and Contract Management Courses - Transformed (transformed.com.au) - Build your skills and knowledge with procurement training and contract management courses. Get in touch to know the flexible training programs we offer!
- Contract management (desbt.qld.gov.au) - Find information on how to manage and make changes to your supplier agreement, evaluation and audit details and other resources.
- Introduction to contract management training (wa.gov.au) - These modules are for public sector employees who are new to contract management
- Contract Management Training (theknowledgeacademy.com) - Contract Management focuses on the administration of contracts between organisations and their collaborators. Australia Contract Management is essential because many benefits can be achieved from successful contracts, and they allow the reduction of financial risks.
- Contract Management Training Course for Engineers (eeaust.com.au) - Learn the key skills required for contract management. One day training course focusing on engineering, infrastructure, construction projects. Available throughout Australia.
- WALGA - Training (walga.asn.au) - WALGA is a Registered Training Organisation and provides an extensive selection of training to our Members.
- Contract management team set-up and training (managingppp.gihub.org) - Guide on setting up a contract management team and relevant ongoing training requirements for an infrastructure public-private partnership.
- Contract Management Essentials (swinburne.edu.au) - Reduce your organisation's risk by learning how to draft robust contracts and best manage them. Enrol now in this two-day workshop.
- Contract Management for Public Private Partnerships - University of Melbourne (unimelb.edu.au) - Contract Management for Public Private Partnerships
- Contract management essentials training (wa.gov.au) - This workshop is for public sector employees who are involved in contract management.
- Training & Consulting Services (ccintl.com.au) - Contract Control International specialises in providing consulting and training services in the formation, management and finalisation of construction, supply and other commercial contracts.
These topics were mentioned multiple times across various sources:
- Contract Management
- case studies
- contract administrator
- dispute resolution
- contractual obligations
- managing contracts
- contract documents
- Course delivery
- risk management
- project management
- Certification Program
- contract risks
- contracts manager
- management roles
- Advanced Diploma
- Commercial Management
- training course
- higher education
- performance management
- contract claim
- contract interpretation
- core guidance
- Contract compliance
- Assessed mode
- program level
- adequate program level
- relevant work experience
- paid member
- participant course
These are some relevant questions found across sources:
- Who should attend this Contract Management Training Course?
- How experienced are Contract Management trainers?
- Is there a Contract Management examination?
- Do I need any prior certifications to attend Contract Management training?
- Who Should Attend?
- Who is the facilitator?
- Is this course for you?
- What should you expect?
- Are you a student or looking for a course?
- What will you learn?
These are some factual sentences found across sources:
Chapter 2 provides guidance on how to set up a Procuring Authority's contract management team to carry out this role in the most effective manner, considering the challenges any project is likely to face. (managingppp.gihub.org)